With decades of experience, Dr. Edwin Adams, Dr. Vincent Rachal, Dr. Cory Boudreaux and Dr. Charles Williamson, specialize in personal, quality eye care for the whole family. Operating in a modern, state-of-the-art facility, we have created a warm, welcoming atmosphere to keep you relaxed and well cared for throughout your time with us.
Whether you are looking to correct your vision with LASIK, improve your vision with cataract surgery, or you are simply having your annual eye exam, our doctors are expert at keeping you comfortable while caring for your eyes. Each with years of training and expertise, our doctors take the time to help you understand your eyes so you feel confident about your vision and any procedure or eyewear we recommend.
Leaders in the community in eye care, our doctors are experts at working with post-cataract and post-op patients, helping repair and heal damaged eyes.
Great with young children, adults and caring for aging eyes, the friendly expert doctors at Ascension Optical are the best people in town to keep you bright-eyed and seeing clearly.
ABOUT DR. WILLIAMSON:
Charles Williamson is a board certified ophthalmic surgeon and the medical/surgical director of the Williamson Eye Center.
A former Academic All-American football player for at LSU, Dr. Williamson went on to become the second generation of eye doctors in a family that has taken care of eyes of Baton Rouge families for over 70 years. Dr. Williamson has been in practice for over 35 years.
Dr. Charles Williamson is one of the most experienced cataract and refractive surgeons in the world today. He is a pioneer surgeon who helped develop clear corneal cataract surgery under topical anesthesia which is now the technique most often used throughout the world.
Dr. Williamson is a noted lecturer who has taught thousands of surgeons and the world the art and science of modern cataract surgery. A noted author, Dr. Williamson has published a number of articles, monographs and contributed to textbooks on both cataract and refractive surgery.
He helped develop and founded the first outpatient surgery center for eye surgery in Louisiana and developed the first LASIK surgery center in the Baton Rouge area. Dr. Williamson remains in the forefront of Cataract Refractive and Refractive Eye Surgery.
A nationally and internationally known eye surgeon, Dr. Williamson enjoys his hobbies of sailing, scuba diving, skiing and is an accomplished artist.
- Medical Degree, LSU-Shreveport, 1977
- Ophthalmology Residency, Birmingham Eye Foundation Hospital, 1981
- Board Certified Ophthalmology, 1982
- Member, Fellow American College of Surgeons, 1990
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Louisiana State University, School of Medicine
Dr. Edwin Adams continues to be one of the top contact lens specialists in the country, able to fit even the hardest-to-fit clients with contacts. A longtime member of the Ascension Parish Chamber of Commerce, Dr. Adams along with our other doctors remain committed to the continued health and prosperity of our community.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Post Graduate 1991 LA State Association of Optometrists
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Graduate 1972-1976 Southern College of Optometry Memphis, TN
- Graduate 1971-1972 Loyola University New Orleans, LA
- Undergraduate 1967-1971 Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA
- High School 1963-1967 Holy Cross High, New Orleans, LA
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
- 1992 - Certified in Pharmacology and Ocular Therapeutics - LA State Board Optometry
- 1976 - LA State Board of Optometry Examiners
- 1976 - 1978 Captain, US Army at Fort Leonard General Army Hospital
- 1978 - 1980 Captain, US Army Reserve Hospital in New Orleans, LA
- 1976 - 1981 Us Army Fort Leonard Wood Army Hospital, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- 1978 - 1981 Vision Center, Gonzales, LA
- 1981 - 1990 Owner Texas State Optical Franchises, Baton Rouge, Gonzales, Thibodeaux and Denhan Springs, LA
- 1990 - Present Owner Eyewear Unlimited, Incimages/Ascension Optical & Ascension Optical Lab
- 1993 - Present Owner Shenandoah Eye Clinic, Baton Rouge, LA
- 1990 - Present Williamson Eye Center, Ascension Clinic, Gonzales, LA
- 1999 - 2000 President, LA State Association of Optometrists
- 2001 - 2002 Member LA State Executive Board
- 1997 - Present Rotary Club. Gonzales, LA
- 1995 Governor Appointee - Board of TeleMedicine
- 1980 - 1985 Lions Club, Gonzales, LA
- American Optometric Association
- Louisiana State Association of Optometrists
- Southern Council of Optometrists
- New Orleans Contact Lens Society
- American Optometric Contact Lens Section
- American Public Health Association
- High School: Moreauville High School, Moreauville, LA, Graduated 1971
- College: University of Southwestern LA, Lafayette, LA, Graduated 1974
- School of Optometry: Southern College of Optometry, Memphis, TN, Graduated 1978